Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The End of the Beginning

Seeing as how I've never really done one of these before, I am completely unsure of how to go about this. I only know one thing in life, Jesus is my everything. I've recently started this book (called Uncompromising) and it has alittle bit of everything in it. The best part to me is that the girl who wrote it, Hannah Farver, is in college! How amazing to me that God uses someone around my age to influence so many people! Anyway, back to the book. I recently read a portion of the book, and it goes like this:

        "Jesus said this about love, and the Cross proved it: 'Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13). Love is sacrifice. Love is constancy. Jesus gives us both sacrifice and constancy. As love asks for only love in return, He calls us to follow Him. This is not 'following' a la Twitter or Facebook. It's not the click of a button. Following Him is agreeing with God that He should overhaul our lives. And then He proceeds with the overhaul, ripping out the rotting parts and grafting in new ones in one constant operation that will endure for the rest of our lives. The discipleship He demands isn't cheap or easy but He deserves it."

Those words came from a girl my age?! That kind of amazes me. But it's true. Following Jesus is a lifelong commitment, but at the same time I believe that it is an everyday choice. I'm going to be honest, most days I fail and don't pursue Jesus at all. Other days are more successful than others. But I believe that is what being a Christian is all about. Not necessarily failing allll the time, but failing sometimes so Jesus can pick you up and make you an example to other people. This also applies to trials in our lives. I have learned that God has a purpose for everything. Sometimes He chooses to reveal the reason right then, sometimes He waits awhile, or even sometimes He nevers reveals it at all. I've had two out of the three instances happen to me. It is hard to understand sometimes but these verses have helped me.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, o man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Well... This was not exactly the way I wanted the first post to go, but the next one will be the beginning of my journey to Christ which is still an ongoing proccess.
Hananh

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Hannah dear! It's really inspiring! Haha...now I can stalk you on here as well. (; Your blog sounds like it will be delightful dearie!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I'm just trying to be a light in my little corner of the world.<3

    ReplyDelete